March 14, 2014
by Richard Maurer
Linear drains have become increasingly popular. A primary reason is that they allow for the use of large profile tile (which is great for crisp, contemporary styles). Virtually all linear drains offer that feature. So why purchase a FreeStyle Linear Drain? Consider the following points:
- FreeStyle is the only linear drain with a clamping collar designed for a bonded waterproofing membrane. The collar is located on top of the drain and clamps the membrane (NobleSeal TS) into the drain to ensure a watertight connection.
- Freestyle linear drains are made from a single piece of plastic (PVC or ABS). The waste pipe is solvent welded into the drain providing a positive connection to the drain. Competitive models are made from stainless and require a coupler to connect to the waste pipe.
- FreeStyle drains have a flat bottom which greatly simplifies installation. There’s no need to level a v shaped stainless drain in mortar.
- FreeStyle will drain 36 gallons of water per minute. That is far more than most drains and more than any shower head system requires.
- FreeStyle is also low profile drain which is ideal for barrier free, contemporary applications.
Summary: FreeStyle Linear Drains provide design flexibility, protect against leaks and simplify the installation. High capacity drainage and a low profile make FreeStyle ideal for barrier free installations and contemporary style.
Videos in our Resources & Videos section on our website provide an overview of product features and the installation procedure. Click here to watch the video labeled “FreeStyle Linear Drains - thin-bed installation overview” on YouTube.